- PowerOasis exhibits advanced telecom disaster management and smart grid energy arbitrage at CTIA
- Next Generation Power Control from PowerOasis reduces network power operating cost and increase site availability.
- PowerOasis launches Extended Power Back-up and Smart Grid Energy Arbitrage System for Wireless Operators
- Jabil Circuit, Inc invests in PowerOasis as part of a deepening strategic relationship
- PowerOasis launches world’s first Smart Grid Energy Arbitrage System for Wireless Operators
July 26, 2012
Reporting To: Pre-Sales Manager
Salary: c £50,000pa
The Pre-Sales Engineer is central to establishing a professional sales engineering function that can support our sales leaders to win business that is aligned with our strategy. This will require building the tools and processes needed to create a scalable business selling to operators and partners in region. The role demands passion and the commitment to drive our growth in this massive market opportunity.
Purpose of Role
The Pre-Sales Engineer is a customer-facing role that will draw on a broad range of skills and experience to be effective ranging from proposal development, presentations, demonstrations, RFP responses, ROI analysis and so on. In addition to accomplished solution pre-sales skills, the role demands working closely with our customers at all levels in conjunction with our sales people and regional management.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will report to the manager of the pre-sales team and work closely with Marketing, Sales, R & D and Professional Services to ensure opportunities are identified, qualified and won.
PowerOasis offer an extraordinary opportunity to make a real contribution to a small but rapidly growing business working with clients across the whole region to offer transformational power solutions.
The Pre-Sales Engineer is expected to:
- Help establish a pre-sales capability including collateral, process and tools.
- Respond to technical pre-sales enquiries and qualify, in conjunction with the Sales team and regional management, whether the enquiry should be pursued.
- Give customer presentations on the company, products, services and solutions.
- Undertake feasibility exercises to qualify potential business benefit to the customer of PowerOasis solutions and qualify their technical environment for interworking between their existing equipment and our products.
- Undertake commercial analysis of the business case for renewable energy and fuel reduction deployments.
- Develop solution proposals encompassing the customer’s business requirements, technical solution, benefits, ROI and standard offerings including support.
- Respond to customer RFIs / RFPs acting as bid manager to bring together the resources, expertise and partners as required.
- Liaise with customers and prospects face to face and remotely.
- Provide high-level dimensioning and designs for renewable power solutions for approval.
- Produces product specific configurations for prices in proposals and bids including validation of supported mobile and IT environments.
- Undertake site visits in country to understand customer’s power infrastructure.
- Feed feature requests into product development pipeline.
- Contribute to improving PowerOasis’ system design and operations algorithms and other intellectual property.
- Prepare groundwork for chargeable services such as site power audits.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements – Summary
- Has experience of building pre-sales capability and winning business.
- Strong technical background (graduate in a technical field such as power or electrical engineering).
- Commercial exposure – including well-developed pre-sales skills and customer-facing experience for a variety of different customers, region wide.
- Experience of network-wide software applications in an enterprise environment.
- Confident, eloquent and persuasive verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate our value in written/presentation form.
- Excellent numeracy and problem solving abilities.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Self motivation.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Experienced cross-functional team worker.
- Confident international traveller.
At least 5 years experience working directly with customers to understand their requirements and develop winning proposals. Solid foundation in mobile market, power systems (or related engineering discipline) and Enterprise Class software. Experience of providing consultancy, preferably fee-earning. Knowledge of multi-user application software, development lifecycle and environment.
Knowledge of the global mobile telecommunications market including tier one operators and NEPs.
Understanding of the customer’s operational environment and the issues of delivering high quality solutions that deliver on expected ROI / TCO targets.
- Process & Tools
Demonstrable knowledge of sales processes together with development of account plans and deal qualification. Ability to produce high quality deliverables and collateral that support bids, presentations and proposals.
Knowledge of different roles and skills within the customer and partner environments
- Working with sales staff and all functions within the business.
- Work closely with Professional Services during pre-sales process.
- Engage R & D/Engineering when required to support sales process.
- General office environment or home based depending on location.
- Regularly travel to partner and customer offices – up to several times per week.
- Occasional stand duties at exhibitions overseas.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter stating why you believe you would be a valuable addition to the PowerOasis team and your current salary details, to email@example.com (indicating in the subject header which role you are interested in).
Proud supporter of the GSMA, IFC and Green Power for Mobile Programme. Find out more
PowerOasis is recognised by The European Tech Tour Association as "one of the 30 most exciting tech companies in the UK." Find out more
PowerOasis has been recognised again at the 2011 Cleantech awards for the third year running. Find out more